Frosted Banana Bars

I've wanted to try these for a while and when I noticed that the bananas on the counter were a little more than ripe I pulled out this recipe. One of my favorite combinations is bananas with chocolate so of course I had to throw a few mini chips in as well as on top. These bars are really moist and almost have that melt in your mouth effect. Yummy!


Frosted Banana Bars
(adapted from Taste of Home)

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
dash salt
mini chocolate chips (optional)

Cream Cheese Frosting
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, bananas, and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.

For frosting: in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.

Frost bars when cooled.
Yield 3 dozen

1 comment:

  1. My mostest favorite treat I have ever had!!!! I make them all the time and yes I eat almost the whole pan myself! Thank you for introducing these to me... I think?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!