Almond Doughnuts

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The weather here was great and we were able to spend some time with family. If only the weekends lasted a bit longer. 

I found this recipe for vanilla bean donuts which sounded yummy, but as much as I like vanilla, I LOVE almond flavoring even more. So all I changed in this recipe was the vanilla extract to almond extract. This is a very easy recipe to make and a you can change up how you top them. 
I chose a simple confectioners glaze but you could do chocolate, maple, cinnamon sugar, or dust with confectioner sugar. 
Happy Monday!!



Doughnut Batter

2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp. almond extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, almond extract, and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each doughnut cup approximately 1/2 full. I used a pastry bag to put the batter in. This made it so easy to fill the doughnut cups.

Bake 5- 8 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan for 4-5 minutes. Finish doughnuts with almond glaze. Doughnuts are best served fresh.

Almond Glaze

1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. almond extract
4 drops food coloring of choice
sprinkles

In small bowl, stir together sugar, milk and almond extract until sugar is completely dissolved. Add food coloring and stir. Use immediately to glaze doughnuts. Add sprinkles.

{Recipe adapted from Sprinkle Bakes}


Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Where do you find doughnut cups? I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. You have such a nice blog!
    http://www.abakershouse.com/2012/04/pass-it-on-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so "Martha Stewart". Your family is certainly blessed to have you as their mother. They look yummy! I may have to buy a donut pan. I don't have one of those ( or a lot of any of those fun baking things). YUM!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I just gained 5 pounds reading your post! Yum! New follower from blog hop!

    Stop by when you can! http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look so delicious! I should try making them. :) Found you via Made in a Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks so good! I really like the glaze on top. I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-5.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate each and every one!